Upper Island Soccer Association
Guidelines For Mini World Cup
- Remember that these are children playing for the fun of the game.
- It is expected that coaches, parents and players respect every individual on the field. It is expected that there be NO yelling at players, referees or coaches. Positive comments only.
- Coaches and parents must stay off the field during the game unless a child is injured, then the COACH may enter the field.
- Teaching the kids sportsmanship at this age will build the foundation for their future soccer experience. Players and coaches should always shake hands at the end of the game. Players and coaches should always thank the referee after the game.
- Official's decisions must be considered final. Please remember that some of these officials are new to refereeing and need encouragement to continue developing as referees.
- This is a recreational soccer league and the purpose is for the enjoyment of all players and to create the life-long love of the beautiful game. There are no standings or score recording in this tournament, therefore, coaches are encouraged to abide by the mercy rule.
- If a team is winning the game by 3 or more goals, it is the responsibility of the winning coach to employ strategies to find a creative way to have the games' outcome close. Strategies may include the following: remove a player from field, add a player to field and/or place stronger players in defensive position or in goal, instruct players to pass the ball three times before shooting on the goal, etc.
Coaches are asked to please discuss this with each other and the referee, BEFORE the game as to how best to "balance" the game should the score be uneven.